Tuesday, May 09, 2006

And now a musical interlude


I've found myself questioning song lyrics much more often lately.

Songs that I never really thought about just enjoyed the tune.

It's a shame really as music has played a large part in my life.

I do recall when I was young being very upset with the lyrics to 'In the Summertime'
If her daddy's rich, take her out for a meal
If her daddy's poor, just do what you feel

Now what does a young girl make of that?

I used to like Bob Seeger then I started paying attention to some of his lyrics;
A gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight

The sky is starlit and the time is right

And still you're tellin' me you have to go

Before you leave there's something you should know

Yeah something you should know babe

I've seen you smiling in the summer sun

I've seen your long hair flying when you run

I've rnade my mind up that it's meant to be

Someday lady you'll accomp'ny me

Out where the rivers meet the sounding sea

You're high above me now, you're wild and free ah but

Someday lady you'll accomp'ny me
Stalker song?

You're wild and free, but I'll change all that.

The list is never ending and it could be said much of what I feel is overreaction.

Well sure could be, but then I've heard so many women say similar things, we can't all be wrong.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curiously, Kate and Anna McGarrigle translated "You'll Accompany Me" into French on the Love Over And Over album.

10:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home